Object name

5710.32 In reply to 5710.31 
Hi mir4ea, ok I finally understand now.

Yes - in order to use styles in MoI how they're intended that would involve deciding how you wanted materials set up while you were still in MoI. If you do not want to plan or decide anything about it inside of MoI then yeah using Styles won't really work properly since it is intended that your styles list should be your materials list and not just a separate style for every individual object.

I guess most of the time people have at least some idea for how they were thinking the materials would go, and if you have that about 75% right or so then it can still be useful to set up styles for the stuff you're pretty sure you want to have on separate materials and then finish it up later in the rendering program. But yes that still involves making some decisions about the materials structure while you are still in MoI.

So ok, thanks for explaining your process more at least I understand now! Of course if you were able to make some decisions earlier in your process about the materials setup then that could possibly save time down the road too...

Anyway I'm glad I was able to get that script done for you to help out your current process some at least! :)

- Michael