Object name

5710.21 In reply to 5710.19 
ok for example we have 6 pices of geometry - 1,2,3 and they are cymetricale mirrored. So If we apply script you make previousley to name unnamed object we will have 6 objects - object 1, object 2... object 6.

Obj 1 - Obj 2
Obj 3 - Obj 4
Obj 5 - Obj 6

For example we want to color model in render soft in 3 colors symetrically. 1-2 Red, 3-4 Green, 5-6 Blue. An we have to make 6 action to assign it to all 6 objects.

But If we assigne objects name this way:

Obj 1 - Obj 1
Obj 2 - Obj 2
Obj 3 - Obj 3

We have to make only 3 action assigning materials.

When work with big models it becomes more comfartable to work this way, becouse you can see result emidiatly.

If we assign styles instead of object names we have to find it among other it can achive 300 styles and more to change it. And if for example we want to to assign the same material to another object. We have to find the style of this object and make it the same. Or we can assign this material to object we want and in this case it's good to have the object named as I described previousle.

So thats why I prefer to not impor styles, and start to create it from scratch in render soft. To assign it to selected objects.

One thing I do every time when I prepare model for rendering. I devide model on 2 pices symetrically and delet one half. After that I name the same name repeated geometry on this half of model. Name it and hide to see what remain. And when I named all repeated objects I aply this script to name unnamed geometry. Then mirror model.
So every time I named geometry I spend a lot of time typing name of objects. So thats why I'm asking for script to name the same name selected geometry automaticly.

Hope you understand my problem, thre are a lot of nuances rendering big models. You can discover them only when you work on this.

EDITED: 3 Mar 2013 by ANDREI SAMARDAC