Peopeller blade

5700.15 In reply to 5700.14 
Hi AirAce,

Just a brief comment on your question of whether or not this is the program for you to use to design your propellers:

I can't answer that - guess it depends on your time & what may be the most intuitive workflow for you - but about ½ a year ago I was searching for a 3D modeling program to do the modeling I would like to do. I searched and tried some 3D programs including Modo, Autodesk 123D, and a couple more but chose Moi3D because to me it was quite intuitive and straightforward to use. Within a few hours of learning I was actually able to make some models that shape-wise were quite realistic (I opted out of photorealism when not choosing Modo) and which could be 3D printed (my need so far) due to the selection of export file formats.

Since then I've put more time into learning the program and although there are still pitfalls and aspects I do not (yet?) know about I am reasonably confident that I can get quite far in my modeling - and then learn what I need to know if there's something I can't make work.

Also - when choosing the program - the price was within my reach and when I had some challenges with the models I was doing (with the trial version) I received very good help here in the forums.

So - those were some of my criteria for selecting Moi3D. Good luck in selecting your way in modeling :-)

Best regards,

Jesper