Can't make a boolean subtract .. ?

5698.4 In reply to 5698.3 
Hi Brian & Michael,

Thanks you both for suggesting and helping out :-)

@Michael: Thanks a lot for actually making the cuts and overall "trimming" the model! I have a comment, though: Regarding using a subtracting box that does not overlap with other parts of the model I actually have tried this so that it only covered the rod to be cut and then a little more of free space .. For some reason it didn't work ...?

When you mention that you have tuned up the bottom face of the outer ring I wonder how the need to tune up the ring may have appeared ... I've been very careful to align items with grid, straight & object snap & precise mirroring so I would have assumed that it was level already. Maybe you observed something in the model that can be a tip for me with future models?

Regarding your suggestions for trimming/separate & boolean subtract I'm not quite clear about the difference and what exactly you suggest but I'll take a look at it and see if I can learn something new.

And then - I know I've said this before but it's still where I am with Moi3D: I find it to be very intuitive and straightforward to use and it's really satisfying to be able to model something realistic and usable in such a quite short time.

Greetings,

Jesper