New Apr-26 beta now available

568.17 In reply to 568.10 
Hi Petr,

> 1/ Note, that after finishing new Hide prompt, the prompt's header
> gray line remains quite a bit fat contrary to common convention...

You've got an amazing eye for details! :) Hide uses a slightly different push/pop mechanism to populate that UI, because you can also do a hide while you are still running some other command. When used in that manner, the original command's UI will be restored when you are finished with hide.

It looks like that extra space is a side-effect of this alternate mechanism. It seems to go away after other UI is populated in there, so I think this may be one of those bugs that I just don't worry about fixing too much! But I'll do a quick check to make sure that it is benign.

> 2/ Is there any way of simulating a Done button from within script <...>

Try this: moi.ui.fireUIEvent( 'done' );

That should do the same thing as pushing the Done button, let me know if it doesn't work.

> Could you explain a little more a mathematical meaning of angle option?

It's used in 2 different ways. First, when breaking surfaces down into smaller portions, the surface normals at the 4 corners of the patch will be calculated, and if the angle between these normals is greater than the given angle, it will be broken into more patches.

The second use is for trim curves - trim curves also need to be linearized into a polyline during tessellation. In this case the tangent direction is taken at the start and end of a curve segment. If the angle between those tangent directions is greater than the given angle, the trim curve will be broken into more pieces.

So for example an angle value of 5 means that either patch normals or curve tangents that are more than 5 degrees apart from each other will be further refined. So reducing the angle to a smaller number will cause more polygons to be generated.

Normally this is set by just using the slider. I didn't worry too much before about setting it numerically, because most of the time the exact numeric value is not too interesting, instead you mostly want to push it up or down just a bit to get different results, which the slider works well for. But I exposed this manual setting so that you can get something outside the normal slider range for a special effect, like a really coarse low poly version.

- Michael