Michael

5672.4 In reply to 5672.1 
Hi Dmitriy, I definitely want to add in controls for maintaining tangency and curvature, it's something that I've been working on.

But some of your requests such as keeping a projected curve to be the same degree as the target surface are highly technical - please keep in mind that MoI is not meant to be a complete replacement for something like Catia which you mention which is in the neighborhood of $20,000 design software. MoI only costs $295 and it is not really feasible for it to replicate the functionality from a much larger and more expensive package.

Keeping MoI light and easy to work with is also a priority - it is not intended to make it so laden down with highly technical controls that it requires an advanced engineering degree and training courses in order to use it. So that's another area where it is largely different in target and scope from something like Catia.

So if you have very specific requirements, that's not particularly unusual that you might be needing to use MoI in combination with some other fancy software. That's one of the things that just helps keep MoI more streamlined and helps to retain its easy and fluid workflow.

However, I definitely agree that there are features that need to be added, in some of the specific areas that you mention particularly tangency and continuity controls and I am in the process of working on those. But I do not particularly see MoI ever becoming a replacement for Catia - like if you have the requirement of a projection of a curve having the exact same degree as the surface projected onto, that's a very technical detail that most users are not going to be concerned with and so something of that level of detail is not likely to be targeted for moi.

Thanks for the feedback! And I definitely agree that some of the areas that you are talking about should be included in MoI, they are somewhat finicky areas that take time to develop well which is why they are not in there quite yet.

- Michael