How would you model this? Organic shapes...

I have what is a rare request, to create some animal shapes that will be used for a thermoformed mold. This is probably a job for a program that is more inclined for organic modeling, and done in mesh modeling. I took a stab at an elephant using MoI (the one on the right side of the image), which I didn't think was too bad. Our CAD department was able to bring into SolidWorks without any problem (which, by the way, they are very happy that they're not the ones who have to model these). Unfortunately, specific shapes were wanted and an image was supplied to provide the desired outline and then they wanted any additional detail added to it. I know that there are some MoI guru's here and I'd be interested in knowing how others would attempt to take the supplied elephant shape (on the left side of the image) and add some dimension to it. I'm not concerned about adding much in the way of detail, I'd be happy with some general shape and dimension. If you have any input, how would you do this in MoI? I'll attach the file in case that someone wants to play with it.

Thank-you,

Michael Cramblet
Packaging Design
mcramblet@displaypack.com
Phone: 616-574-6271
Display Pack, Inc.
Attachments:

Image Attachments:
Size: 161.4 KB, Downloaded: 116 times, Dimensions: 500x500px
Size: 113.9 KB, Downloaded: 191 times, Dimensions: 767x379px