Japanese text - wrong direction

5611.7 In reply to 5611.1 
Hi Paul, ok I'm able to repeat the rotation with certain fonts - the ones at the top of the font list that have a @ at the beginning of their name.

But I think that's how it is supposed to be - those fonts are meant for vertically arranged text rather than horizontally arranged text and so the individual characters are rotated by 90 degrees because the entire line of text is also supposed to be rotated. So if you're using a font like that you would need to apply a 90 degree rotation not on each individual letter but on the entire string of text (just one rotation with the whole thing selected).

If you want to have the text arranged in a horizontal manner like MoI's default layout then you would want to use a font that supports that which I guess is one that does not start with an @ in its name. Otherwise if you use a font meant for vertical layout you would want to rotate the entire text 90 degrees to get the result that the font is intended to be used for.

So for example using a font like this with the letter rotation that you were seeing:

Select all that and use the rotation grip on the edit frame to rotate it 90 degrees to get this result which I think is how these particular fonts are intended to be used:

- Michael