Podcast interview about MoI and programming

>I hope that hard surface modeler guy in the game industy will one day understand the power of your wonderfull software.
>I hardly try to understand why they dont make the jump, but it seems that something scares them, I cant explain.

>In the other hand they are amazed by zbrush hard surfacing tools ... go figure :(

Right on, Pak. I work in the game industry too and I've had limited success in getting my peers to jump to MoI, despite repeated demonstrations of just how powerful and easy it is to use. I have a friend who did pick it up, but he's an FX artist and uses it for personal work. I'm somewhat mystified by why people want to do hard surface work in zbrush, as well. I find the randomness and lack of actual repeatable precision to make it unsuitable for most of my needs, but I've seen some pretty cool stuff made with it . I guess whatever works...

I think Michael has hit the nail on the head -- people don't like to change. From a corporate perspective, I've also found that if a company has invested X amount of dollars into one particular application, then that is what everyone is using. Even if most people hate using that package for a variety of reasons -and even if you can show managers how it will speed things up, increase quality, etc. - sunk costs and a host of other psychological factors usually equate to the status quo being maintained. I understand the hesitancy to introduce too many variables into a pipeline, especially if the team is large, but it is frustrating. I've been lucky enough to be on teams where they've tolerated me using outside software, but only after I've had to campaign for it like a politician.