Podcast interview about MoI and programming

5543.16 In reply to 5543.1 
Enjoyed the interview very much Michael, picked up some things I didn't know about the MoI journey as well.

I did notice Scott is well in tune with the latest Internet 3d 'trends' and asked the relevant questions, times have changed, we have 3d modelling pushed to the general public these days and told how easy it is and how easy it is to get a part out of plastic, ceramics or even metals from that 3d model, but they're not really told about the learning curve involved, not only in using the software also the visualisation in working in 3d space for a non technical person and the geometry requirements for 3d printing, then receiving the plastic printed model expecting the finish and integrity of an injection moulded part and being disappointed, it's funny how the finish and integrity of 3d printed parts isn't really described and explained on consumer 3d printing sites, I guess if you said 'The surface finish is crappy and it could break' you wouldn't get many orders.
It's amazing how 3d printing just five years ago was just for prototyping in the manufacturing world and how it's been around for decades along with CAD applications that supported the data for it and now it's made out to be new technology to the general public, that's marketing for you.

Sorry for the rant Michael, it was a cool interview and it was good to hear a voice behind MoI :)

Cheers
~Danny~