Compact Menu Option.

5541.7 In reply to 5541.6 
Michael.

This is just feedback on my early interaction with MoI's interface and I'm thinking now is the time to mention it, while you're still in the beta phase of development, rather than once it's all buttoned up.

I really do understand and appreciate the care you lavish on getting MoI just right, so the picture was just to try and illustrate how the main headings of the menu system had moved apart and also to let you know that I believe it's this dynamic effect feature :) of selecting different options whilst drawing, that is causing me to momentarily lose track of where to head for the next tool. I figured that because it slows me down a little, then it might be affecting other users (newbies?), even though they may not have mentioned it here.

So working from a fully minimised tool menu, I think what I was hoping for was an option that allows the menu to open when moused over without clicking (heading text turns blue), and closes on its own when left.
This keeps everything neat and in the same place, in fact I can already get this if I remember to close every menu after use - but I always forget!

Getting slightly more ambitious, clicking on the main heading might keep that toolbox open for further use as it does now, whilst drawing over the other headings i.e., without the dynamic movement. I envisage a right mouse click in this menu area could clear any open menu back to its minimised state.

The above idea would have the slight restriction of access only being feasible from the sides or from below due to the drop-down overlap from the upper main menu rows as they are moused over, but could it also offer the advantage of leaving more free space for the Scene browser and more icons to be added to each main menu area if ever that were needed?

Martin (2).