Compact Menu Option.

5541.6 In reply to 5541.5 
Hi Martin,

> The attached picture is at the extreme end of the effect <...>

Well, what you're showing there is the way that MoI's UI is intentionally set up....

It's basically a hybrid system where there is some amount of stuff that's hidden (on inactive tabs that you might need to switch to) to avoid the problem of showing every single thing all at the same time, but where the tools that you are currently using stay open so that there is at least a good chance that the next stuff that you need to use will already be visible and can be activated on a single click.

This overall method is pretty fundamental to how MoI is designed to operate, so no there isn't anything set to change it how you are asking.

Like you've seen part of the design incorporates unusually large buttons with both icons and text labels included, which usually helps with making browsing through them and finding them pretty easy... That whole problem that you're describing of having to hunt through it a lot is not something that I hear very often.

If you're having problems seeing the UI, again I would suggest increasing the size of it so that you can see it more easily and see if that might help.

Also currently it looks like you have the scene browser set to its "inside" mode, and that configuration adds another section to the side pane at the bottom, you can switch that back to "adjacent" or "opposite" mode under Options > General > "Scene browser position" if you want to simplify the side pane and reduce the number of palettes that you might need to be looking at over there.

If it still doesn't work very well for you after those adjustments, then it just may be a case that MoI's particular UI system just does not work very well for you, it might just not suit your particular habits or something like that. I can tell you that I've had a lot of feedback from people who find the UI really easy to use and browse and though, so it's a bit unusual to have problems with these particular aspects of it.

- Michael