just purchased from studica -some ideas

5539.2 In reply to 5539.1 
Hi IC, these are really great ideas several of which are unfortunately difficult to implement.

> I would love to see sketching on surfaces. In V2 the curve tool snaps to a surface
> but a sketched curve falls through to the Cplane.

This one is probably the most feasible, but so far at least in v3 there is not an option for this right now.

> I think the Cplane setting tool could us some bells and whistles. - labels for axis, a preview of
> the plane showing all intersections with curves and surfaces.

Previews of intersections can be complicated due to the high amount of calculation needed once models become heavier.

Some of the things that would work really nicely with a simple model can't really be implemented because the same feature could cause things to grind to a totally halt once you tried to do the same thing with a much larger model.

> I would love The ability to warp or bend the Cplane on the fly.

Trying to do that would cause a cascading series of enormous complications... Currently the cplane is used to define a regular orthogonal coordinate system and that is used in many ways, like the Top, Front, and Right views can optionally be reoriented to be looking along the temporary coordinate system's axes and numeric input will use the temporary system's x y and z directions when you enter in numeric coordinates. All of these various packaged things that currently go along with setting the cplane are dependent on it being a regular plane and defining a normal coordinate system.

- Michael