For those that use Rhino & MoI together

5527.4 In reply to 5527.1 
Hi ...

I do use Rhino on a pretty much full time basis. I like the unified system that some of the plug-ins give me (Like Flamingo nXt for rendering) and, particularly, I use it for dimensions and notes for architectural drawings.

I don't really need it for dimensions and notes as there are now many programs that will do that very well ... but I know Rhino and am familiar with its work flow.

I strongly prefer MoI as an architectural modeling tool so I use it for all preliminary planning ... both 2d and 3d ... including basic drafting but when I have to start dimensions and notes I switch to Rhino and don't come back to MoI for the rest of the project except for making detail models of things I can simply insert into the Rhino file ... an example ... a house I am doing needed some appliances and furniture (pretty basic stuff) so I built those in MoI and imported them into a nearly completed Rhino file.

So, for a relatively small software budget, I have the best of all worlds from my perspective.

If I had a tighter budget I would use MoI for almost everything (including perspective color presentations with high quality screen shots) and then use the free DraftSight for 2d dimensions. There are other good free (or low cost) tools for noting and dimensioning 3d drawings, too.

I have just upgraded Rhino and am pleased that I could for a low cost. However, depending on future development of MoI that may not be my choice in the future.

cheers,
eric