For those that use Rhino & MoI together

5527.3 In reply to 5527.1 
Hi mjs, I had been using Rhino from its early days, and I won't be upgrading to v5. I am tired of upgrading a licence for the sake of it. With each new release there has been fewer features that i needed, and the last two updates have not really covered their expense so this time I will be staying to MoI and since i started with MoI, i have found going back to Rhino clumsy, yet I used to say that Rhino was sleek and nimble.

There are some things that I miss from Rhino, but only from the hobbyist side of me with vehicle modelling, as a garden designer, my area is predominately 2D and I love the way NURBS especially MoI allow me to do free curves without having to use bezier type tools with grab a handle here and rotate this way etc, and now with DXF as an export option MoI has just come that bit sweeter. The Ability to render is not so important from a work perspective but desperately missed from hobby modelling, and I have toyed with the idea of looking at something like RhinoMan to see if it would possibly port to MoI but I sadly have little time to look into such things properly.

I am even considering constructing a Hackingtosh to see if I like Apple, over the years I have struggled with Windows and the two issues that left me staying put with MS was Rhino and the need for a good rendering engine, I have not looked into Apple based rendering engines much, but feel it gnawing at my bones to check em out.

Martin Spencer-Ford