V3 beta Nov-6-2012 (Win/Mac) available now

5524.54 In reply to 5524.53 
Hi ed,

> First, the offset command has improved its launch time but still it isn't as fast as on windows. Did you
> particularly worked on some area to make it better?

No, nothing has been worked on in this area recently. But I think I have a fix now, I just investigated it and it turns out that the setup for the Offset command was making the command processing system mistakenly think that the command had failed initially and when that happens the command processor worker process will get flagged to get recreated on the next use, and that command processor spin up time seems to be a bit slower on Mac and so that creates a kind of lag.

I've attached an updated version of the offset command file which should fix the problem, to install the fix download the attached Offset.js file and then right-click on the MoI app and choose "Show package contents", and inside there go into the directory drive_c/moi/commands and copy Offset.js there overwriting the old version. After that repeated offsets should be speedier.

> The other very annoying thing (discussed a little time ago) is that some times when you launch a
> command that needs some numeric input it doesn't highlight the input field automatically as it should
> when you type something.

I remember the offset one being discussed before, but I don't remember this other one and I can't seem to repeat the misbehavior over here.

I'll need to be able to repeat this problem in order to look into a fix for it. Is it with one specific command that the auto-focus behavior doesn't work? Does it stop working at one certain point in a session with things that it used to work with before? Is there any pattern you can see for when you run into the problem like you see it after showing a certain dialog or opening a new file or something like that? Over here I did a quick test with basic things like drawing a line, drawing a rectangle and a circle, etc... and I could not see any problems.

I'll need more information and hopefully repro steps for this second one in order to have any chance at fixing it.

Thanks,
- Michael
Attachments: