V3 beta Nov-6-2012 (Win/Mac) available now

5524.108 In reply to 5524.107 
Hi Martin, I'm glad that the jumping is under control now!

> For instance, I use Area and Reset all the time but never touch Zoom, Pan or Rotate,
> because they're already conveniently on the mouse. I would find the Hide button
> convenient to have there instead - is that currently possible?

Eventually I want to have some kind of UI editing incorporated into the UI like maybe you would go into some special mode or hold down a particular key and drag on a button to re-arrange it. But right now there isn't anything set up exactly for that, and that's probably quite a ways off.

But the UI is built off of .htm files and it is possible to change the UI by editing those files in a text editor like notepad.

The file for the view controls is named ViewControls.htm and it's in the \ui sub-folder. If you open that up in notepad you can delete the entries for particular buttons, each one is a <moi:CommandButton> tag in the file, and if you open up the file SidePane.htm you can look in there for the hide button and it is possible to copy the <moi:CommandButton> button tag from that file and paste it into the ViewControls.htm file.

You will run into some maintenance problems if you do decide to do this though, because you'll need to repeat this with each new beta release, and sometimes those same UI files are changing of new features that I'm also adding in so it's a moving target.

But yes it is possible.

- Michael