Grid Array behaviour.

Hi Michael.

I think I was expecting it to be a bit like, say the Fillet tool, where you can see what you'll get before commiting.

Things feels a little different, because as soon as the numbers have been entered and you've clicked OK in the calculator pop-up, it moves straight to the next stage.

In effect, if you have used MoI's pop-up calculator or pressed Enter to have a value accepted, you don't seem to get the chance to verify the number values at the X Y, or Z Spacing stage of the array, before proceeding by pressing Done or right-clicking, and I sense this as different behaviour when compared to the initial 'Choose number of copies' stage.

My feelings are similar to Mike's and I wonder if some kind of simplified preview of the arrayed items (bounding box?) might be useful and give enough feedback for the user to judge if the numbers he's entering are giving the kind of result he's looking for. Maybe the 'Calculating...' text could be displayed in complicated situations?

I'd find a Preview option check box acceptable within the dialogues, but whether that's a practical option for you and others I don't know.

Thanks.
Martin (2).

EDITED: 4 Nov 2012 by BLOWLAMP