New Apr-18-2007 beta now available

550.26 In reply to 550.21 
Hi Petr,

> Are you going to tune network surface command up so it can also handle non-intersecting curves?

It should generally handle non-intersecting curves already, although I have seen a couple of instances where non-intersecting curves will cause a crease in the resulting surface. I may be able to tune this up a but I'm not sure.

Do you have a non-intersecting network that is not working as you would expect? If so, please post it.

> And what about some tolerance input for driving a surface?

I want to work on an area related to this pretty soon, which is a rebuilding step for commands that need to merge multiple curves into one common structure. This will apply to Loft, Sweep, and Network. But I was planning on trying to do something automatically, instead of using any additional tolerance settings.

Do you have an example of the type of thing you would use the tolerance for?

> For projecting I wish I can deselect unwanted projected curve by clicking on it
> (or in a different way) before command is done.

I'm not quite sure how to set this up. Right now you are able to pick a point to define the start point of a new projection direction. Normally I can't do a "selection click" and a "point pick" click all at the same time.

I guess there could be another button that said something like "delete projections", but at that point it doesn't seem to be gaining very much compared to just deleting the unwanted pieces after the command is finished.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your feedback!

- Michael