New Apr-18-2007 beta now available

550.13 In reply to 550.12 
> Can u explain again how to use the new div snap option cos I cannot find it anyway.

Hi Aeron - here is a better explanation.

To use div snap first you must create a construction line. You create a construction line when you are in a drawing command (for instance Draw curve / line) by clicking and holding down and dragging the mouse instead of clicking and releasing.

After you have done a click + drag to create a construction line, there will be a little tag that appears above your mouse:

If you move your mouse over that tag, it will light up. Click and hold down for a moment on that tag and it will launch a menu, this is where you can define div snap:

For example if you want to snap to thirds along that line (1/3, 2/3, etc..) then put in "3" in that Division snap box.

The divisions are defined between the 2 endpoints of the construction line that you drew. When you draw a construction line, it is defined by 2 points, the point you start the drag at, and the point that you released the mouse over.

Here for example I dragged out a construction line between the ends of 2 other lines, and set up a div snap so now I can snap to 1/3 the distance between those endpoints:

The divisions continue along the entire infinite extent of the construction line, so you can also snap to spots like 41/3 or -7/3, etc... , so it is possible to use the div snap as a type of quick custom spaced grid line.

Let me know if you need any more information on any of the above stuff.

- Michael