How to do Pinstripe

 From:  Michael Gibson
5494.3 In reply to 5494.1 
Hi Brian, for a blunt tip you could try doing a revolve which can form a rounded tip easily and then do a curve-to-curve flow for mapping the revolve onto your bendy pattern, you would use a centerline for the flow.

Example here:

It can be difficult in general though to model a raised relief type pattern in NURBS, there is some other software called ArtCAM which is specialized in making raised patterns which can be easier to use for doing these types of patterns.

You could also try ZSurf, but it probably will have difficulty with narrow pieces like you want to do:

- Michael