BG images gone

5490.10 In reply to 5490.9 
Hi oli, so now I think I see what's going on - it is a bug with background images not being read in to MoI v2 from files saved from MoI v3.

The Mac MoI version that you're using at v2.5 is actually based off of the v3 beta and so it's more similar to v3 and there is a problem with moving background images from v3 back into v2.

I seem to remember this as being some kind of side effect from moving in MoI v3 to saving to the Rhino v4 3DM format instead of the Rhino v3 3DM format that was used in v2 and v1.

Right now the main way to solve it would be to use the v3 beta on windows rather than the v2 trial version. At the moment I do not have any proper solution for background images to go from v3 (or v2.5x mac) into v2, sorry.

Basically an incompatibility problem specifically for background images when newer generation 3DM files get read into the previous generation v2 handler for them.

Right now the mac and windows trial versions are kind of out of sync with each other, since the mac version is new and is based off of the v3 code base. The trial versions will get synced up with one another going forward from here, so when v3 is released the mac and windows trial versions of v3 will not be out of sync in this same way that they currently are.

Hope that explains what you've run into anyway...

- Michael