Script outputs a circle but not a cylinder

5441.34 In reply to 5441.29 
Hi Martin,

> I just discovered something strange. Every single script in this thread actually creates two
> objects on top of each other. I move the generated circle and there's another one below.
> Can anyone confirm this?

Looks like this happens only when you push Tab and then paste in your script - the script ends up getting evaluated twice because it first tries to evaluate it to see if it generates a numeric result that could be used for setting distance constraint, and then again when it tries to execute it as a command.

The distance constraint stuff is where you can type in a number like 5 to limit things like a line being drawn to be a length of 5 units from the previous point. You can also put in a script expression for that as well like 22/7 or 5 * Math.sin(50) or things like that.

So because of this you shouldn't paste in your scripts using that tab method, I'll adjust the xyz input parser to make it avoid trying to evaluate the text as a numeric expression if it starts with 'script:' so the next v3 beta should not do this anymore.

- Michael