Feature ideas maybe...

5387.13 In reply to 5387.12 
Hi Michael,

about this SW "Normal to" command, I understand you might have difficulty understanding what I write, most likely because I have a hard time myself putting what I want to say in words, so I'll try again. When I saw the video I noticed the guy using this tool a few time and I though it would be nice to have one similar in Moi. Yes I know I could setup a shortcut to create a cplane and set it coplanar to the surface or curve I want to view strait on (normal to) and select the view that will show the cplane the way I want. Doing this in Moi represent a certain number of steps, mouse clicks and the works and yes it's not a big deal but I wonder if a command or script could be setup to do all this in as few steps as possible, 2 if possible, 1 to select the object we want to view "normal to" and the other to create the cplane (automatically) and swicth to proper (2D) view. All the work would be done behind the scene by a command or script maybe, that of course is up to you. If you think it's not worth the effort then lets just forget it. Just in case this help you understand a bit more, I usually works in a single view at a time and sometimes I need to setup a cplane to make work easier when the cplane is coplanar to some implied plane of an object I want to work on.

If I understand correctly, with the new N-sided blend command combine with the new match command we will be able to create "a la Moi" surfaces and apply some "matching" continuity with adjacent surfaces. As you noted, this requires a large amount of UI in SW most likely because SW combine (to) many options in all the surface generating commands. I assume the match command would work on any surface which ever way it was created, sweep, loft, revolve, etc. That way you wouldn't have to modify the UI of any of the surface generating commands in Moi. Your a genius!

Thanks for the info about the library.

Regards,
Felix