Feature ideas maybe...

Hi Michael,

I came across this video the other day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA2-i34UVUo&feature=related and there are a few things I saw in there that I would love to see in Moi.

1- It would be nice to recreate something like the view normal thing in Solidworks and most of its behaviour if ever possible. Kind of automated cplane (I know something similar already exist in Moi but not as a single click)

2- I kind of like the both the 2D and 3D spline tool Solidworks offers but I would be happy with only the possibility of adding constraint like the pierce, hori, vert, curvature, etc (a la solidworks) to existing curve tools in Moi.

3- Another thing impressed me a lot, when he creates the first "loft" it shows that the added the horisontal constraint to the handle of the spline where it meets the mirror plane, ensure a "perfect" mirror of the surface at the mirror plane anywhere on that particular surface edge where it meets the mirror plane.

4- Here I'm refering to most of the surface creation tools of Solidworks I saw in this video. It seems like these tools offer a kind of edge by edge control of the continuity and or relation with adjacent surface. This kind of control alone would be awsome to have in Moi.

I like very much the explanation of the fill tool used to create the 3 edge surface near the end of the video, it explain pretty well how it works.

I know, a program like solidworks would require that I morgage the house basically and it's not really fair to compare it with Moi. My goal here was to use this video to express ideas that would have been very difficult for me to explain otherwise. In summary, I think the idea I tried to explain in point 4 would the most awsome thing to have in Moi, maybe in version 4...

Regards,
Felix