GroBoto Nurbs ?

5369.10 In reply to 5369.9 
Hi Rich Art,

"""""""""Yeah I had a beta version once. I'm not a big fan of this app.. As Michael said,

>>>The problem is only using 3D quadric surfaces for all the pieces that go into a model really limits the kind of shapes that you can construct.<<<

Perhaps there are some major changes since I tested it.""""""""""""""""""""""

Well, it's probably "BOTH"! The new version is much different, but it's probably still the same app that gave you a bad taste.
The interface and workflow is just so different, you have to justify the time/effort to learn it.

When I first learned 3d, the first rule was "most things in the world can be broken down into primitives." It holds true in most modeling apps to this day.

The new thing with groboto, that wont be true for c4d, is the "mass primitives+create a unified mesh" part.

Something cool to look at with it, is the boolean work, then the mesh generation has controls that are powerful and also can "subd" the model. The edge flow is pretty good for complex stuff.

Anyway, it is very particular. It's a nice companion for me, for particular things....I wouldnt try to replace c4d with it.......