tweeking a model

5363.3 In reply to 5363.1 
Hi Tony, there isn't really a good way to edit mesh models in MoI, at least not very easily.

Mesh models are a much different kind of 3D model data than the "NURBS surface" data that MoI is meant to work with.

Polygon mesh models are all diced up into little flat facets, while NURBS data is made up of larger smooth surface sheets.

It's possible to export polygon mesh data to MoI, which will dice the large NURBS surfaces up into little faceted pieces, but it's not so easy to do the reverse and try to automatically reform large smooth surfaces from already diced up data.

So usually for editing polygon mesh data you would want to do that in a polygon mesh program, not MoI.

> Also I have Moi on my shop computer, can I also use it on my lap top that I
> have more time to practice on without buying another license?

You can use the same license on your laptop, you don't need to purchase an additional one. You can install the same MoI license on multiple machines that you use just as long as you only have it actively launched on one of them at a time.

Just use the same license key and same installer on your laptop that you previously used on your shop computer. If you didn't keep a backup of the installer you can get a new download here: http://moi3d.com/reinstall.htm

- Michael