Insufficient Memory Export Issue

5322.4 In reply to 5322.3 
Hi sneather,

> is there an easy way to select a group of objects, export, then turn them all off
> with one click, so I can proceed to grab a new set of pieces?
> I can't seem to do that in the object browser. It seems that I have to turn the
> visible eyeball icon off for one layer at a time.

The easiest way is probably not to use the scene browser for that part - you can also use the Edit > Hide button separately or in combination with the scene browser controls, it will directly hide all the currently selected objects rather than just one category of things like the scene browser controls are oriented towards.

It's the button here:

So for example do a window select to grab some chunk of objects, then do File > Export to export just those objects, then you can push Edit > Hide to hide those currently selected objects and then go select a new chunk.

If you push Edit > Hide when there is no selection it will show everything, and if you right-click on it it does an "isolate" where only the selected objects will remain visible and others will be hidden instead and when you right-click on it a second time it will restore to the pre-isolate state. You can also do a Ctrl+click on it, it will do a "show subset" operation where it will temporarily show you all the hidden objects and let you pick just some of them to be shown when you're done selecting rather than showing everything.

> Finally, are there plans to release a 64bit version for Mac in the near future?

No, unfortunately there is a huge amount of work involved in doing that so I'm not likely to have a 64-bit version of MoI anytime soon, sorry.

- Michael
Attachments: