Need Help with UI - Scene/Object Browser

5319.2 In reply to 5319.1 
Hi sneather, nope you're not missing anything there is not currently any nice and easy way to adjust the width of the scene browser panel. That is something that's on my future enhancement list.

It is possible to widen it by editing a UI definition text file though. To do that, right click on the MoI app and pick "Show package contents", then inside there go to drive_c/moi/ui and inside that directory you'll find a file named BrowserPane.htm - this is the file that you will need to edit using a text editor application. Near the top of that file you'll find a <style> section that looks like this:

code:
		<style>
			body {
				padding:0.3em 0.2em 0.5em 0.3em;
				width:15em;  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
			}
		</style>

The width: line where I've added the <<<<< above is the one you need to edit - em units are character sized, so the current width of 15em means 15 average width characters. Edit that to say 30em for example instead and you will then your browser pane will be doubled in width.

I haven't quite figured out whether to try and make that width be mouse adjustable (but not too easily so that it happens on accident) or whether it should be a numeric setting in the Options dialog.

Probably your STEP file has some kind of hierarchical assembly structure to it - the hierarchy gets expanded into object names and that's what results in those large object names. At some point in the future when I've got other mechanisms like groups working properly I should be able to try and preserve the hierarchy instead of it getting all flattened.

- Michael