Components?

5313.14 In reply to 5313.13 
> Even when MoI does have instances (I definitely expect to have them at some point)

This is the news I was looking for - can't wait.

My 2c:

- I feel that as a reference you should use SU, it is pretty solid...In terms of being able to group an object(s) so it is in a nice little packet and then have the option to create a component instance out of it. I don't feel that a hierarchy output/list is needed (keeping the 'artist' in mind - would an artist have the need for such a complicated Maya-ish display?)

- The strength of components for me lies in the ability to change geometry and have it update easily across a project, fast. It is a time saver, and when dealing with symmetrical objects the ability to alter one side and have the other automatically update is fantastic. Just ignoring the bringing the model size down for a second - this doesn't strike me as being a huge issue within MoI.

- As there are many different ways to approach this across many different softwares - does it need to be a feature that remains valid upon export? Maybe a focus on intuitive UI would be where the time is best spent? This is probably selfish as I import to Rhino and have no idea how this would work anyway.

- Rich