Mysteries with MOI and Illustrator 10

Hi Michael - thanks for the quick response.

Mostly good results after loading v3 Beta.

Re the bombing. Yesterday's event was the 2nd time ever that MOI bombed and, at this time, do not believe it is a hardware issue. I frequently work with much larger and more complex MOI and VW files. No excessive heat detected, either.

That said, MOI bombed again after installing v3 Beta today. It followed an attempt to open the files I posted here yesterday - not one file opened via MOI Import>file. When I tried dropping the Illustrator file on the MOI icon in the Mac dock, a small "Invalid Name" dialog box appeared and the file did not open (pic 1). After trying all 8 files, suddenly a dialog box opened - something about X11 not loading. I ignored it and clicked OK thinking I would reboot MOI. Immediately, the computer graphics shut down to the wallpaper. The computer continued running, there were no text graphics and only the wallpaper image remained. The power button was used to shut down. I recall seeing and reacting the same way when that X11 dialog box popped up yesterday followed by the crash. Next time I will get a pic.

A number of tests this morning have yielded positive results (pic 2). Today, Save As is saving a .3dm file, a couple VW>AI>MOI files opened as did the AI-created geometric shape files.

So, I will put to use today and if there are continuuing issues, I may be back.

Cheers,

Leonard
Image Attachments:
Size: 534.7 KB, Downloaded: 81 times, Dimensions: 1920x1080px
Size: 179 KB, Downloaded: 85 times, Dimensions: 603x586px