Mysteries with MOI and Illustrator 10

5275.24 In reply to 5275.10 
Hi Leonard, so from what I can tell it sounds like all is working fine for you on your newer machine - in addition to being able to load all the files that you posted (except file#6 which needs to be resaved from Illustrator with the "Make PDF compatible" flag set in order to work) are you also able to save everything ok there as well?

If that's the case then are you able to use MoI on that new machine to avoid all these problems?

I really have no idea what's going wrong on the machine where you're having problems. I guess MoI is having some problems with something running on that particular machine, the only advice I really have for that is if you're running anything like anti-virus or haxies or things that hook into the system at a low level like that try disabling those since maybe they are interfering with MoI's operation.

I'm also pretty suspicious that something is going wrong with it like your hard drive is starting to die or something along those lines, it might be a good time to do a backup if you have any stuff you want to save that's on that machine now. Things like the entire system locking up and requiring a hard power cycle is not a very good sign for the health of the machine...

- Michael