Mysteries with MOI and Illustrator 10

5275.10 In reply to 5275.8 
Hi Michael, update first. I installed MOI on a newer Mac running 10.7.4 and all but one of the original 8 files I posted yesterday opened. Only #6 failed to open. I tried other files as well. So, PDF, AI and EPS files I cannot open with either v2.5 or v3 Beta on my 10.6.8 machine opened using v3 Beta on 10.7.4.

Interesting discovery in answering one of your questions:

>Also can you just save files if you draw them initially in MoI instead of doing any AI import?

NO. They are not saved regardless of selected extension.

Answers to your other questions:

>...when you say "a file name was added", that means that you are doing File > Save As to save to a 3DM file, right?

Yes. The name, with extension .3dm, is added to the top-center of the window but the assigned location has no file with that name. A search of the "computer" for that exact name reveals no file with that name.

>Is there any difference if you use a simple filename with no spaces in it?

It does not seem to make any difference, e.g., attached file "343 fr Dykes wsite2.ai" opens and "DrFrame.ai" does not open.

>If you save a file and that file is not actually there, then that's a pretty weird and major problem and also one that I have not ever heard from anyone else before...

OMG, I guess I should shoot my machine. LMAO!

>Are you possibly running any kind of additional software that hooks into things at a low level like any anti-virus system or things like that? If so try disabling that and see if that is what was blocking files from being created properly.

No. These files act like they are being corrupted somewhere.

>Is it possible that you're trying to save on some kind of read-only volume or network drive? If so try saving to someplace on your local hard drive instead and see if that helps.

No. Saving to local hard drive only. Importing some files wirelessly but some of those open and others don't.

Edit: I have not and am not experiencing any strange behavior with any other software.

Leonard

EDITED: 23 Jul 2012 by NYCL45