I wonder!

5260.13 In reply to 5260.12 
>To sum it up, it's not really TSplines I'm interesting in but the main idea that we could possibly have more "powerful" commands in Moi, lets say "inspired" by say the kind of things the tsPipe command can do and of course it could be any other idea from any other program as well.

Hi Felix,

your wish reminds me of the very old Electric Image NURBS Modeler (EIM) which probably would do what you are after.
It was an ACIS based NURBS modeler and had those ÜberNurbs tools included which allowed a user to model in a NURBS
environment with "SubD box modeling technique" too. EIM could import however no polygon meshes like Rhino/TSplines etc.
does, but you could convert/export those ÜberNurbs as surfaces or solid in .iges and .step format. It had also advanced
surfacing tools like "matching" surfaces etc.

But as i understand, like Michael said, it would be a big undertaking and i also assume, in case we ever would get something
similar in MoI what you propose, that the price tag of MoI would be getting pretty high, which probably not all users would like...

Here's a small image of the UI of EIM showing an ÜberNurbs object, dated back from 2002. EIM was last bundled with EIAS
5.0 (Electric Image Animation System).

Hope my reply is not to much off-topic!

Regards
Stefan
Attachments: