I wonder!

5260.11 In reply to 5260.10 
Hi Felix - those TSpline commands are based off of that particular type of polygon modeling methods - things like tspipe form a cluster of polygons around the spline curves, it's then those polygons that form a sub-d cage. So that's using sub-d modeling techniques there - it's not very easy for MoI to use sub-d specific modeling tools without having the whole set of tools including the mechanism to convert from sub-d cage into NURBS...

Pretty much all the TSplines commands are about manipulating polygons and using that type of modeling workflow, and it's a pretty different type of model structure and workflow than what MoI is set up to use. So basically I don't really see how it would work to take just one isolated feature from TSplines and implement it in MoI, any of those things that you are mentioning rely on pieces of a larger toolset in order to function. It's not very feasible to implement just one individual piece of those things, implementing the things you are asking about there would involve implementing a whole lot of new stuff all at once that works in combination with each other.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to experiment with that and may get a chance some day in the future to do so, but it would be a really big undertaking so it's just not something that is going to be feasible to happen anytime too soon. If you need to do that style of modeling, it's just a different style than what MoI is currently oriented towards and so you need to use some other software than MoI to do that particular kind of work currently. The whole workflow for manipulating that kind of data is very different than what MoI is focused on - the sub-d approach is all about manipulating a bunch of polygon cage points and edge loops is sort of more like sculpting and squishing and not as much like drawing or illustration like MoI's more curved based construction workflow is oriented towards.

tsPipe and tsNetwork are not hole filling commands though, was there a different command than that which you were thinking of about for the hole filling, was that the Rhino N-Sided patch command (which is not a T-spline specific command) ?

- Michael