new beta soon?

5252.6 In reply to 5252.5 
Hi Mike,

> Would MoI take the current view your in and divide it's workload on multiple cores, or
> would MoI take each view and give it it's own core?

It's about dividing up the workload for just one view to speed up the display. But I'm not sure yet if it's going to actually work ok or not, it has to synchronize things up when it actually talks to the video card and too much synchronization can cripple multi-core performance. I won't really know for sure if it's going to work well until it's actually up and running. I'll probably have an initial piece working tonight and then I'll be able to see if it's actually going to be better or worse. It is actually possible for multi-core code to make things worse if the different cores spend too much time bottlenecked at synchronization points.

But it's something that I've wanted to try for quite a while now so it is cool to be in experimentation mode right now.

> Would this be the same as Projecting a line to form a new surface curve around the object.

Yeah it's similar to that - an isocurve basically one of the U or V curves that come from the inbuilt surface structure. They're pretty convenient to use with certain kinds of surfaces, like on a sphere a U isocurve will be a latitude line and a V isocurve will be a longitude line so they are convenient ways to get at those curves on a sphere. Similarly if you have a fillet surface, one of the U or V directions of that fillet will be arc curves if you want to cut the fillet at it's sort of natural boundary the isocurve trim will be useful for that.

> Could you do things like rebuild a surface?

It's usually for trimming, but yeah say you do a loft between 3 curves then using isocurves you could extract out a bunch of new curves on the surface in between those, on a loft surface one of the U/V directions will be like the profile sections.

- Michael