Closed curve edges to edge selections

5250.5 In reply to 5250.4 
Hi Lang,

> So if I was to run the rebuild command now would that sort out this issue? Or would I have to go back
> and rebuild the curves first then run the rebuild command?

You would need to delete the surface you've currently got, then run Rebuild on the curves that you're using, and then build the surface again.

> When I built the curves they were built from straight forward curves as the tut suggests and then
> joining and so on. How often is best to keep running the rebuild command whilst building this sort
> of stuff to avoid these problems?

For most cases it's not really an issue having things broken apart into different faces, and in some cases it's actually better since you can separate things for some localized work.

But Blend is an exception - for the particular case that you plan to use Blend later on then you would want to run Rebuild before constructing the objects you want to blend between.

In the future I'm going to be overhauling Blend so that it will be able to work on a longer chain of connected edges rather than just between 2 at a time, and at that point it will be much less of an issue.

- Michael