An Homage to 3D Masters

5235.8 In reply to 5235.6 
> Conceptart.org is the biggest forum of art!

Yes, this is where I first found "600v".
I was looking for "vintage cars"... the next thing I knew, I was going to Google SU's site.

If anyone is interested how I make such smooth-looking screen captures above,

I use this script:
code:
script:var v = moi.ui.getActiveViewport(); if ( v != null ) { moi.view.lineWidth = 4; v.renderToClipboard( 6800, 4800 ); moi.view.lineWidth = 1; }

Notes on the script: 1) If the "rendertoclipboard" dimensions of "6800, 4800" is too large for your video card to handle, you may notice that nothing will copy to the clipboard.
Just reduce the amounts. They are independent of your video monitor's current pixel dimensions. It's like a viewing from a "virtual" monitor.
2) The ".linewidth=4" is what the clipboard will see. If you are going to copy a view that is multiples in scale larger to what you will reduce it to in a photo editing program
keep the desired larger width in mind.
3) The ".linewidth=1" is what MoI will return to... caution! This number will become your new on-screen line thickness size. So if it was not set to the default of "1",
you'll need to find your desired number listed in the .ini file and use that one instead.

I paste the image into PhotoShop and then I re-size the image to something much smaller. A 4:1 ratio is often adequate.

PhotoShop uses "Bicubic Interpolation". All of the jagged and pixelated surface edges in my models appears to smooth out.

Which gives me an idea Michael,

Could something like this be done in the memory resident background whenever you stop manipulating the viewport.
When you stop moving in the viewport, MoI would take a screen image of the view, except at a larger size (4x), re-interpolates it to original size, thus smoothing out the un-anti-aliased edges, and then inserts it back into the viewport.

Just an idea for future though. ;-) But that might be one way to produce nearly flawless, anti-aliased viewport displays.

As you can see above, MoI already has some of the best viewport lighting out there!

EDITED: 3 Jul 2012 by MAJIKMIKE