Video Tutorial: Temple Column

522.9 In reply to 522.4 
> @Michael
> About fillets : does Moi support many copy of objects with fillets (here fillet's columns)
> without slowdown decrease speed display?

Hi Pilou, well each fillet adds additional surface and complexity. It is not possible to add more surfaces and not decrease speed - as you add more surfaces, display speed will gradually decrease.

> (how many copy of objects can be reasonable to make)

It is difficult to determine an exact number, because it depends a lot on the speed of your machine. If you have a faster machine and video card, and plenty of memory, that will help out a lot and let you have more objects. A slower machine will only handle fewer objects.

The other thing you can do is to reduce the mesh density under Options - putting in a surface and trim curve angle of something like 25 degrees (instead of the default 10) will make a rougher display but which also will contain fewer polygons and help with display speed.

The default density is set to rather high to provide a very nice quality smooth display, but this can be bad for speed if you have a large quantity of objects.

> Can Moi support a greek temple with all fillet of any stones of it or must be separate in some parts?

I think it would be necessary to do it in separate parts. But I guess it depends on the temple, I suppose that some of them don't have too many columns.

- Michael