Video Tutorial: Temple Column

522.24 In reply to 522.23 
I agree, instances would be very useful for large scenes. I think because Pilou and I are looking at MoI as an environment modeling tool as well, a feature like that would be nice. First though, I think a heirarchy/grouping system wold be best so we could manage multiple objects better.

-
Also, I just want to update everyone. I merged the whole video into one quicktime video. I plan to provide both a flash video and higher quality quicktime version of each of the tutorials I am planning to do. I finally figured how to get a decent sized quicktime video, 800x600, at a decent file size, about 1.1MB per minute with everything being hosted for free through blip.tv and Google services. Now I just need to get my mic back from a friend so I can record voice. This weekend I hope to finish up and post another video.

Eventually I want to record the process of rendering everything with Mental Ray as well as converting the models into normal-mapped real-time geometry for export into an engine like Visual3D.Net, Quest3D, or Deep Creator.

bitReality.blogSpot.com

(edit: updated image link again)

EDITED: 6 Apr 2007 by INNERACTIVE