Using array around a curved surface

5197.9 In reply to 5197.7 
Hi Lang,

> Have a quick look at the file i've uploaded and see if there
> is anything else that may be giving me grief.

The part that's giving you grief is that your object is a kind of slightly squished semi approximation of a cone and not an exact cone, so you're not getting things that would help a lot like a "Cen" object snap - since it's only something resembling a circle at the end there and not an actual circle you don't get the center snap that would help you out the most in this case.

I'd recommend reconstructing that part of your object to be more exact - try setting the cplane on the attached file here where I've created an exact cone, you should notice that it's a lot more straightforward here, you can just snap directly on to the center of the end cap.

Actually setting a cplane would not actually help you out very much in your particular case on the "only kind of resembles a cone" anyway since a simple circular array only works for a cone shape not something kind of squished.

I had originally assumed that your object there that looked like a cone was actually a cone, so that's what drove some of my initial comments.

- Michael
Attachments: