import STP file

5172.6 In reply to 5172.5 
Thanks for that long reply micheal. For me MOI is both the easiest modeller and the best converter around!! Please take that as a compliment ;-) I regular work with huge files (i work in the aircraft industry). We also bought CAD loader from luxologu to go with Modo and in my opinion its not a patch on MOI - OK it has nice features where you can assign different levels of mesh details to different parts, however if it has to deal with a large file (+10mb) it is very slow and cumbersome. In my experience in 3D (15 years) the files are not getting any smaller so I need to be able to crack open these files. I have worked with 280mb files in moi in past and it was OK. Maybe it could be a possibility to develop an add on that first looks into the structure of a STP file and you can select just sections of the file at a time to import and convert . . ? But then what do i know . .just a thought?
BTW i do use MOI for about 50% of my modelling, and I use the MAC so i can't thank you enough for pulling that off recently - great work!
matt