basic training

510.33 In reply to 510.32 
Hi Jesse,

thanks for the reply, I can see that with ever more complicated designs that doing multiple booleans is inevitable. I only get a small amount of tome to spend learning all this , I do get sidetracked by having to earn a living!! But I am getting there. Using MOI has finally made me understand Rhino, I have played around with other software but I have waited for Rhino4 to come out before buying, I will still buy a copy of MOI when it comes out ,it is developing so fast, and Michael is so responsive to requests!! Congratulations Michael!!

I am using Modela Player for generating toolpaths, and I have bought a Fourth Axis attachment for my MDX-20 so I am learning to use their FARM program, ( which lies to the computer and says it is an MDX-40 plus a bit more). Up to now I have mostly been doing reverse engineering for my hand wax carving. I have tried Artcam pro, I went on a short course and i did like it but I can't justify the cost.

I said that about 0,0,0 because I found that if you build a ring around it you keep using it as a main reference point and in the end it gets buried under lots of geometry, if MOI had layers it would not be a problem , it was just a thought

regards Tim.