basic training

510.14 In reply to 510.13 
Hi Jesse, that looks like another interesting result from a very low number of defining curves.

> If it touches the quad point, it sweeps only half the circle with the scaling rail.

Can you please e-mail the bad one to me? I'll see if I can fix this up.

What is happening is that when you have the profile off to the side, MoI uses the "auto place" mode, where it places the profile for you sort of centered around the rail. MoI does this automatic placement thing any time you have a a planar profile curve that is located outside the bounding box of the rail.

As soon as you move it to the quad point, it is no longer completely outside the bounding box of the rail, so MoI does not mess with the location of the profile in this case, it uses it from where it currently is located.

Then I think the issue is the scaling rail not working right when the profile has a straight vertical line coincident with the line between the spine rail and the scaling rail.

The auto-place works because the line connecting the spine rail and scaling rail ends up intersecting the profile through the middle of the profile in that case instead of grazing along the flat side. If that makes sense...

Re: sweeps slower

They probably are a bit slower now because they now use the cancelation mechanism. There is some overhead to using the thing that allows for canceling stuff in mid-calculation. But the benefit is that you don't have the danger of possibly getting stuck unable to do anything else if you are in a long calculation.

- Michael