Power SubD-NURBS

5088.11 In reply to 5088.10 
Hi Michael

Yes, I wouldn't imagine someone who has always nurbs modelled would pick up Modo just for this. In my own case, I started in 3d before SubD's existed, using FormZ to build objects very specifically, not unlike the Moi workflow but still in polygons and endlessly hitting a brick wall when all my cuts and trims finally made the mesh fail in a way you couldn't fix in those days. Then along came SubD's where you could build very loosely and magically hit the smooth button and everything looked beautiful but it was still a simple enough cage that you could easily fix any little holes or errors. It seemed like the only way to model from then on but I grew increasingly sick of building a beautiful organic object and then wanting to just punch a hole in it and having to reflow all the polys to maintain quads and stop surface errors. That brought me to Moi and it's lovely booleans and blends.

Since then I've hopped between Modo and Moi but now it seems I won't have to look at a job and think "Is this a Moi or a Modo" - it can be both. I'm really happy about this, let's see if it works as advertised!

Cheers
Rich
www.loopcorp.com