Igis?

5064.4 In reply to 5064.1 
Hi Felix,

> It's not a big deal but I wonder if it would be possible to preserve
> the named styles?

I don't think that there is any mechanism in the IGES file format to have names for layers/styles, that format is structured to just tag things with a "level" which is a numeric id.

> I also noticed that the named object loose their name with this
> format but this could be Keyshot way.

There is a mechanism in IGES for specifying object names, and MoI does already make use of it - if you export a named object to IGES and read it back in you should see the names being preserved.

Since IGES has limitations in the file format itself, I'd recommend using a different format for transferring to a rendering program like Keyshot - OBJ format should generally work better for this transfer and the styles list will become a named materials list in the OBJ file and object names are also written to OBJ format. Just in general OBJ format is more focused on rendering data transfer, IGES is focused more on just CAD geometry transfer.

When you export to OBJ from MoI to go into Keyshot, just set the "Output: Quads & Triangles" option in the export dialog, since I don't think that Keyshot likes to deal with complex n-gons.

- Michael