Projection of point selections

5040.5 In reply to 5040.4 
Hi Rogurt,

Your shoe's surface shape is very irregular, the projection result would be different form one side to the other, you would have to have a slightly different shape spline for each side, I'm not sure what your after exactly but you could try and extrude a surface from the cyan spline into the shoe as shown in the picture below, then you turn on the control points of the spline, manipulate the control points and the extruded surface will update that way you can see what's going at the shoe surface, once you're satisfied run Construct > Curve > Isect which will give you an intersection curve between the two surfaces it's the same as doing a Project but more visually manual way.

> Maybe you can also give me advice on why
> the basic object (blue) can be done with MOI
> network command with the splines I imported
> from a rhino file (green) but not with the
>splines I created in MOI (orange)

Your orange spline set up isn't that clean if you zoom up to the areas circled in the picture you can see why....

Circled #1: This cross spline doesn't quite make an intersection, turn on your control points and you can move the end point to create an intersection.

Circled #2: Here you'll have to trim the curves as well as move control points to tidy up this intersection.

Once you've cleaned up those two areas Network should work.

Cheers
~Danny~