Projection of point selections

5040.3 In reply to 5040.1 
Hi Rogurt, yeah the Project command only projects an entire object like the full curve onto another object, it does not itself know anything about control point selections and so it doesn't process just a few selected control points.

That's something that I could tune up in the future though, I've added it on my todo list for v3.

In the meantime a workaround for that is to duplicate the control points as separate individual point objects (when they are selected doing a Ctrl+C copy and then a Ctrl+V paste will do that), then those individula point objects can be projected onto an object, you will probably need to set a direction for the projection by clicking 2 points along the line you want them to be projected. Then that will give you some points on the surface you can snap each one on to.

It's hard to follow what you mean by problems with "back taper" though - if you want more help with some specific situation like Burr mentions it would help if you could please post an example 3DM model file with some objects in it that show the kind of taper that you mentioned.

- Michael