MinouDôme

5037.28 In reply to 5037.27 
Rhino exports & imports, all these types of files:
.3ds (3dstudio max); .ai (Adobe Illustrator); .asc (points); .csv (points); .csv (properties); .dgn (MicroStation); .dwg (AutoCAD); .dxf (AutoCAD); .fbx (Autodesk); .gdf (WAMIT); .gf (GHS - General Hydrostatics Geometry); .gft (GHS - General Hydrostatics Geometry); GHS (General Hydrostatics Geometry); .gts (GNU Triangulated Surface); .kml (Google Earth); .lwo (LightWave 3D); .obj (Wavefront); .off (Geomview); .pdf (Portable Document File); .pm (GHS - General Hydrostatics Geometry); .pov (Persistence of Vision Raytracer); .ps (PostScript); .raw (Raw Triangle); .rib (RenderMan); .sat (ACIS); .skp (SketchUp); .slc (Slice); .step (Standard for the Exchange of Product Model Data); .stl (Stereolithography); .txt (points); .udo (Moray); .vda (Verband der Automobileindustrie); .vet (Viewpoint); .vrml (Virtual Reality Model Language); .vrml (Virtual Reality Model Language); .x (DirectX); .x_t (Parasolid); .xgl (Solaris); .txt (points). And not MoI.

It's a incredibly Jungle of formats, often just to make only wrong 3D, true 2D perspectives, or to keep a juicy market just for its trust (ex.: Cathia Solidworks 3DCad = Dassault, gunrunner, arms dealer; see Autodesk; Max, Maya). If all that was real, I will take a chain saw, to clear out the place. Is the developers are bad woodcutters? May be... May be. Help Mr Pierre Bézier! Come back again! ... To have very powerful computers to make forests of icebergs? It's not "glop" not "glop" ("pas glop" is a onomatopoeia of Roudoudou, a french strip cartoon, that said in substance: "not terrible; not good; not great; I don't like", it's like a sort of gobbling, glug-glug).

Well, so It must to produce shoddy work, to do DIY, to tinker (Oh lala! English has not the verb "Bricoler" = To make trouble bits and pieces = "Des Bricoles", bits; "du Bricolage", just been thrown together; a bad do-it-yourself).
Ok! I go to make a bit with this jungle, but, not glop, not glop.