graphics card overheat

5017.6 In reply to 5017.1 
Hi Doug, there isn't really anything I can think of from the MoI side that would cause that kind of stuff, I mean MoI just makes use of the card and it's not up to applications to monitor the card's temperature, that's something that is totally up to the driver to handle.

You might try and check if your graphics card's fan is actually working or not, you might test that by running your machine with the case sides off so you can actually see the card while in use. Also if there are any funny sounds coming from it, use a paper towel tube put to your ear so that you can put the other end of the tube in one particular spot (like right next to the video card) to see if that's the source of any odd sound - if the fan is sticking or something that can be a way to diagnose that.

And also like Mike mentioned you may want to vacuum out any dust accumulation, that can generally lead to overheating.

But I'm sorry there is nothing that I know of or that I have heard of from other people that would point to some specific problem in MoI that would cause that.

But usually overheating is related to hardware problems, either fans not working on not enough airflow through the whole case due to dust buildup. It certainly is conceivable that a driver bug could cause it too though.

- Michael